So… you want to work at SweetGeorgia? Great. Check out our current available positions here and if you see one you are excited about, get in touch with us! Send your CV and/or cover letter to us at jobs [at] sweetgeorgiayarns [dot] com.
Job Description: Dye Room Quality Controller and Precision Dyer
Precision dyeing and quality control are essential to the production of our yarns and fibres. The ideal Dye Room Quality Controller and Precision Dyer is focused, efficient, detail-oriented with a sense of humour and dedicated to producing a high-quality product. We’re looking for motivated and positive individuals who love colour and texture.
What you’ll be asked to do…
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who hand-dye fibre and yarn
- Examine products for defects and to ensure adherence to our high quality standards
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Optimize how the studio operates across all areas of production, fulfillment and retail by identifying opportunities in business processes and solving problems to achieve operational excellence
- Train new and existing staff members in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Source and request dye supplies and raw materials
- Prepare undyed yarn and fibre for dyeing process
- Mix and apply dye chemicals according to established formulas
- Assist with day-to-day studio maintenance
- Assist with general studio activities and events
- Assist with tradeshows and events both in and out of Vancouver
What you need to qualify…
- Extensive experience in hand-dyeing yarns and fibres on a commercial scale
- Extensive experience in retail, customer satisfaction and knowledge of current trends within the industry
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in the characteristics and quality standards of different yarn types and fibres
- Experience in supervising workers and training new staff members
- Full-time (32-40 hours a week) availability
- Completion of secondary school
- Strong attention to details, reliable, organized
- Must be computer literate (we’re all Apple) and comfortable with using email, Internet and ideally Twitter and Facebook
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds
- Must be able to stand several hours at a time, including reaching, bending, and/or carrying boxes
- Excellent communication & problem solving abilities (English Language)
- Must be able to work well with other people both within our team and with customers
It’s a plus if you have…
- Extensive experience with knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning or other related craft
- Teaching experience
- Writing/blogging/photography experience
- Full-Time (minimum 32 hours per week)
- Must be available during our studio hours: from 9 to 5 from Monday to Friday
About SweetGeorgia Yarns
Since 2005, we have been hand-dyeing luxury natural yarns and fibres in the most stunningly saturated and vibrant colours we can conceive of. Our small production dye studio has been growing rapidly and we are creating yarns and colours for retail shops all over the world.
We’re a small, dedicated team of people focused on achieving excellence in our work. We work in the spirit of service to others and each other. We are passionate about what we do, striving always for excellence in everything from quality of product to customer service.
Our mission is simple. To bring light to people’s lives through colour and comfort. We do this by showing people how to live passionately, relentlessly and unapologetically through colour. If you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.