The Bridgeward Leaves Shawl is a top-down triangular shawl designed by Grace Verhagen. Inspired by the “Leaf Shadows” motif collected by Barbara Walker, this triangular lace shawl is reminiscent of vines enveloping the red brick buildings in the shade of the Granville Street Bridge.
Bridgeward Leaves Shawl Details
- MATERIALS FOR LACEWEIGHT VERSION: 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Merino Silk Lace in Cayenne (765 yd / 700 m per 3.53 oz / 100 g skein; 50% Merino Silk, 50% Cultivated Silk)
- MATERIALS FOR FINGERING-WEIGHT VERSION: 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Merino Silk Fine in Spruce (380 yd / 347 m per 3.53 oz / 100 g skein; 50% Merino Silk, 50% Cultivated Silk)
- SIZES: 34” / 86 cm in hieght, 64” / 163 cm in length. Laceweight version may be slighter smaller.
- SKILLS REQUIRED: Basic understanding of lace knitting and how to read charts.
- PATTERN NOTES: Both charted and written instructions are included in this pattern.