Have you seen the Spring 2014 issue of Interweave Knits? We’re in love with this gorgeous and luxurious merino and silk lace cowl designed by Mindy Wilkes. The Star House Cowl alternates rings of doubled “hems” and lace patterning, creating an accessory with heft and dimension—yet one that’s still delicate.
Star House Cowl details
- Finished Size 50″ circumference and 13″ wide.
- Yarn SweetGeorgia Yarns Merino Silk Aran (50% wool, 50% silk; 185 yd [169 m]/3 1/2 oz [100 g]): raspberry, 4 skeins.
- Needles Size 8 (5 mm): 32″ circular (cir). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Notions Marker (m); tapestry needle.
- Gauge 14 sts and 20 rnds = 4″ in Patts A and B.