Laura Patterson of Fiber Dreams designed this lace cowl in our SweetGeorgia CashLuxe Fine (in Lawn). Moonvine is a cowl, knit in the round, starting and ending with just a touch of garter stitch to help prevent curling. Once past the edging, every row is a pattern row—if you want to rest, you’ll need to take this into the garden when the morning light is full on your blossoming vines. Here’s what Laura says about it:
A night-blooming morning glory? A bit of a contradiction, but there you go. But oh! can’t you just imagine the pure white blooms reflecting the light of a full moon? When planted on a trellis with any day-blooming variety, you’ll have showy blossoms from night through morning’s light. Lovely.
And here are the stats:
- Finished sizes (circumference x height): 20.5 x 9 (24.25 x 15.25, 42.75 x 18.25) inches / 52 x 23 (61.5 x 38.5, 108.5 x 46.5) cm
- Yarn: CashLuxe Fine (fingering weight; 200, 400, 875 yards).
- Skills: k2tog, ssk, YO, double YO, k3tog, s1-k2tog-psso.
- Notions: one stitch marker required (more optional), yarn needle.
- Stitch patterns: Charted and written.
- Difficulty: Intermediate.